Heritage Open Days - What's in a Name?
Heritage Open Days are coming to Bookham and numerous other locations in Mole Valley 12-15th September 2013. This year's theme is "What's in a Name?".
Various activities are available in Bookham including:
- Bookham Heritage Trail - self guided walking tour of the Village highlighting many historical buildings of interest. Shop windows will have displays about the history of many buildings and businesses
- All Saints Church - a hidden gem in Little Bookham
- Manor House School and Manor Farm Tithe Barn in Manor House Lane will be open to visitors
- Polesden Lacey is holding an Open Day
- St Nicolas Church is hosting a talk by Prof. Peter Edwards "Signposts to the past, The history of Great Bookham through its place names"
- The Grange in Rectory Lane will be open, and serving teas 2pm-4pm
For more details and to download a map of the Heritage Trail, go to http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=9053
< Back to News